As part of the redesign for the new site, the main thing that I really wanted to change in terms of the look was the front page. Continue reading
To make up for the lack of post last week (apologies, things have just been too busy), a special post this week. Before working on the new website, I once again did some searching for an accessible WordPress theme. Unfortunately, I found little that would meet my needs as I required WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) level AA at the minimum, but preferably something that would be as accessible as possible.
I’ve been working on our new website and as usual, I decided to start with a card sort. Continue reading
So apparently years ago, the team started a wiki, but since then, the college got one up and running, so we decided to make the switch. Continue reading
Okay, so I know we have the CSS3 multiple column layout “columns” property in the newest browsers, but working in public institutions where we are expected to support IE as far back as version 8 or sometimes 7 (in the very rare case even 6 still), we cannot rely on the columns property… yet. Continue reading
Last week, I posted about updating our “What Format Do You Need” guide and taking a different approach in helping our users decide what format they need. Looking at the guides, I realized that my draft could be a possible replacement for the quick guide, but cannot replace the more detailed version (below). The detailed version has so much more information and obviously breaks down the information differently. Continue reading