As part of the redesign for the new site, the main thing that I really wanted to change in terms of the look was the front page. Continue reading
This is the full write-up for the presentation I did at LibTechConf 2014, not including the Q&A section. There are slight differences from the actual presentation, primarily having removed the questions I asked the audience and in a couple of cases, adding further notes or source information. Continue reading
To make up for the lack of post last week (apologies, things have just been too busy), a special post this week. Before working on the new website, I once again did some searching for an accessible WordPress theme. Unfortunately, I found little that would meet my needs as I required WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) level AA at the minimum, but preferably something that would be as accessible as possible.
UPDATE (March 6, 20104) : Added a new example, and did some minor fixes.
This is not by any means a new idea, but as I am in the process of redesigning the website, I did think about the carousel. The existing website doesn’t have one, but glancing at my WordPress statistics, the image carousel plugin review post has been getting the highest number of hits, and I have that post for a reason (that is I had to put one into the last site I did). Continue reading
I’ve been working on our new website and as usual, I decided to start with a card sort. Continue reading
During the Code4LibBC breakout sessions, we had an ‘accessibility corner’. We talked about a lot of different things, but we covered two major topics: the process we might go through, and how to get buy in. While we have a google doc with notes from the breakout, hopefully this blog post organizes those notes and other thoughts into something a little more cohesive. Continue reading
For this presentation, I decided to speak more broadly on accessibility (rather than focus specifically on web accessibility), partly because it’s so short (5-10 minute lightning talk) and partly due to the fact that despite it being a “Code4Lib” regional, we wanted to promote cross collaboration across all skill and knowledge levels. I still used a technology example, but had physical space related examples as well. Continue reading