Warning: This is more of a rant than productive thought
maybe I’m just inexperienced, it probably doesn’t help that I don’t have admin access, but even asking coworkers whether something is possible seems to give me a “no”. Mind you, it’s not wordpress.org, but wordpress MU where my access is more or less restricted to the kinds of things I would be able to do on wordpress.com.
I haven’t figured out how or can’t do the following:
- redirect pages (short of hardcoding it into the server)
- make the frontpage not look for blog posts (and if there are none, not to display an error)
- display subpages on a page (not in a navbar) short of manually doing it
- change the width of a column (I know, I know, this is coded into the theme)
- know exactly what it’s doing with my HTML code…. I’m stuck right now because I’m having a problem where the HTML code looks just fine but there’s something going wrong (thankfully a coworker is looking into that)
I’m sure I will be more and less frustrated with WP as I learn more about it.