The last time I really worked on the website, I did not change the look of the site at all, simply using the existing look and making it responsive. After some feedback and based on general good UX practices, I made a couple of mock ups on how to improve the site with some minor changes. Continue reading Minor Redesign to the NNELS Website
Honestly, making a site responsive is nothing new, not even for me. Nevertheless, I wanted to document the process (no surprise there). Since as of the date of publishing this post, the responsive version of the theme hasn’t gone live yet, you get a sneak peek. Continue reading Making the NNELS Site Responsive
This was presented at Access 2014 in a half hour time slot, so I was pretty tight on time. Recording of the stream should be available on the Access Conference Website at some point. Continue reading Access 2014: We’re All Disabled! Part 2: Building Accessible (Web) Services with Universal Design
As part of the redesign for the new site, the main thing that I really wanted to change in terms of the look was the front page. Continue reading Guerrilla Usability: Choosing the Front Page with Mockups
This is the full write-up for the presentation I did at LibTechConf 2014, not including the Q&A section. There are slight differences from the actual presentation, primarily having removed the questions I asked the audience and in a couple of cases, adding further notes or source information. Continue reading LibTechConf 2014 Presentation: We Are All Disabled! Universal Web Design Making Web Services Accessible for Everyone
To make up for the lack of post last week (apologies, things have just been too busy), a special post this week. Before working on the new website, I once again did some searching for an accessible WordPress theme. Unfortunately, I found little that would meet my needs as I required WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) level AA at the minimum, but preferably something that would be as accessible as possible.
UPDATE (March 6, 20104) : Added a new example, and did some minor fixes.
This is not by any means a new idea, but as I am in the process of redesigning the website, I did think about the carousel. The existing website doesn’t have one, but glancing at my WordPress statistics, the image carousel plugin review post has been getting the highest number of hits, and I have that post for a reason (that is I had to put one into the last site I did). Continue reading Death to the Website Carousel
So I promised
@gmcharlt a while ago (think last November) that I would do a blog post on comparing how the US and Canadian legislation regulations align with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Continue reading Alignment of WCAG with Section 508 (US) & Canadian Legislation
I’ve been working on our new website and as usual, I decided to start with a card sort. Continue reading Card Sort & Goal-Oriented IA